When you are carving your pumpkin for Halloween do not throw away their incredible seeds. Below are just some of their many benefits:
- Blood building.
- Increases energy levels.
- Easily digestible protein.
- Stabilises blood sugar throughout the day keeping hunger and cravings at bay.
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds provides you with 92% of recommended daily intake of magnesium. Most people struggle to get enough of this in their diet.
- Heart healing properties.
- Keeps you regular.
- Stay fuller for longer.
5. Cancer fighting
- Research has shown that pumpkin seeds can help in the prevention of breast and prostate cancer.
- Studies show that pumpkin seeds can alkalise the body’s pH level. If your body is too acidic its side effects can be pain, illness and even cancer.
- Studies have shown that pumpkin seeds can help to lower “bad” (LDL) cholesterol and increase “good” (HDL) cholesterol levels.
8. Stress & depression
- Pumpkin seeds contain Glutamate and Tryptophan which reduce anxiety and nervous irritability.
- The calcium, magnesium and zinc found in pumpkin seeds keep bones strong and can prevent osteoporosis.
- Phytochemical in the seeds can prevent kidney disease and kidney stones.
Pumpkin seeds can be eaten raw or roasted in the oven on a baking tray 170F/75˚C for 15-20 minutes. You can easily take them with you to work, when travelling or to the gym for a health boosting, great tasting snack.